Sunday, April 26, 2009

Talking to the Gods

The most common form of communicating with the Gods is through prayer. I already talked about that quite a bit, so I will not repeat myself here.
A way to intensify your prayers is to include small offerings. A typical example is incense. For this week, speak a prayer each morning (or each evening, whichever you prefer) in which you ask the Gods to bless your day (or something similar). Each time, light a bit of incense while you pray, offering it to the Gods. You can combine that with either a formal or an informal prayer. For me, incense combines well with informal prayer: the lighting of the incense provides a mini ritual framework, while the informal prayer keeps open my mind and heart towards what I am doing.
Of course, you can find another way of making an offering that is meaningful to you, for example donating to a non-profit organisation.

No comments: